Class room or on-site training services
Helping you get the most from your investment in SolarWinds®
- All training courses conducted by SolarWinds® Certified Professionals
- Comprehensive training program on SolarWinds® modules
- Custom Training
- Trainers have ITIL Best Practice knowledge
- Class room training in the heart of the beautiful Cotswolds
SolarWinds® Log and Event Manager Training course
Efficient network management is often reliant on pertinent information from a number of diverse sources such as Syslogs, application data, log files and Event Logs. The key to successfully managing the network is filtering and prioritising this data so that the right people can access the right information at the right time and can take appropriate action in a timely manner. The SolarWinds® Log & Event Manager is the tool best placed to achieve this.
This one day course covers all aspects of the Log & Event Manager functionality by utilising pre-installed LEM appliances. Delegates have the opportunity to explore all aspects of the SolarWinds® LEM within a dedicated training environment.
It is expected that delegates are familiar with the basic networking concepts and terminology and the basic operation of the Orion Management System.
The course is held on-site for up to 8 delegates - Price available on request.
- Focuses on the SolarWinds® Log & Event Manager in more depth than is available on other broader based courses.
- Unlocks the full potential of SolarWinds® enhancing its effectiveness.
- Saves time - Staff are able to more quickly set up alerts enabling network issues or potential issues to be more quickly identified and corrected.
- The course design is based on the current best practice for Adult Learning (Androgogy) and uses many techniques for ‘Accelerated Learning’ to provide an interesting, engaging, and informative course.
- Limited class size of 8 people increases instructor/student interaction.
- Courses can take place in a ‘safe’ environment with access to a wide range of networking equipment and technologies available at Kenson’s offices.
- LEM Concepts
- LEM Architecture
- System Requirements
- Installation Procedure
- Appliance Configuration
- Basic Web Console Navigation
- Adding Windows Agent Nodes
- Setting Logging Levels on Windows Servers
- Adding Syslog Nodes
- Using the Directory Services Query Active Response Connector
- Adding and Editing User Accounts
- Account Limitations
The Monitor Window
- Monitor Overview
- Supplied Filters
- Creating Filters
- Sharing Filters
The nDepth Window
- nDepth Overview
- The Wordcloud and Tree Maps
- Result Details
- The Search Builder or Modifying Search Parameters
- Using Monitor Filters
- Printing Results
- Saved Searches
- Scheduling Searches
The Ops Centre Window
- OPsCentre Overview
- Creating New Widgets
- Rules Overview
- The Filter Element
- Using Groups
- Creating and Populating Custom Defined Groups
- The Correlation Element
- The Active Response Element
- Configuring the email Active Response Connector and email Templates
- Viewing the supplied reports
- Modifying Reports
- Report Scheduler
- Backups and Restores
- Data Storage Requirements