VoIP and Network Quality Manager
Deep dive into critical call QoS metrics and WAN performance insights
- Real-time WAN monitoring
- Troubleshoot VoIP call quality problems
- Cisco VoIP gateway and PRI trunk monitoring
- Cisco SIP trunk monitoring
- Simplify IP SLA setup
- Optional High Availability
What’s new in VoIP and Network Quality Manager 4.5
VNQM 4.5 is an Orion Platform product, and it runs on Orion Platform 2018.2
VNQM supports Cisco SIP Trunk Monitoring
VNQM now supports Cisco SIP Trunk Monitoring. The CallManager view contains a new widget that lists all available trunks on the CallManager. Clicking the CallManager name, takes you to the CallManager Details view which provides two new widgets for Cisco SIP Trunk Monitoring - the SIP Trunk Details widget and the SIP Trunk Destinations widget. The widget also contains three new charts for Trunk Availability, audio call activity, and video call activity.
Cisco SIP Trunk Monitoring in PerfStack
The Performance Analysis charts (PerfStack) in the Orion Web Console now provide resources for Cisco SIP Trunk Monitoring. Metrics are provided for real time Call Activity. The chart displays statistics for the following:
- Active calls
- Attempted calls
- Completed calls
- Calls in progress
- Another new widget in PerfStack is the SIP Trunk Availability. Clicking the name of the trunk takes you to the SIP Trunk Availability details page.
Reports and alerts for Cisco SIP Trunk Monitoring
VNQM now provides new out of the box reports and alerts for SIP Trunk statistics. The SIP Availability report provides statistics for the last 7 days, this month, and the previous month. The new SIP Trunk alert informs the user when the SIP Trunk is down.
New features and improvements in Orion Platform 2018.2
- Support for 100 Additional Polling Engines in a single instance (400% increase over previous releases)
- Support monitoring up to 400,000 elements in a single instance (4 x more than in previous releases)
Load Average metrics collected from Linux-based devices
When polling CPU & Memory with the Orion agent, selected metrics are available for alerts, alert variables, charts, reports, PerfStack(TM), and SWIS.
Improved group member statistics
Use the new metric showing group availability by averaging the availability of the internal group members instead of using the status of the entire group. You can use this metric in a new widget, in alerts, reports, and in PerfStack dashboards.
Orion Maps is an is an advanced troubleshooting tool that provides a contextual and graphical portrayal of an entity and its critical relationships, including routers, switches, servers, interfaces, volumes, and groups. It visualizes physical and logical relationships between entities, leveraging Network Performance Monitor’s Topology, Server & Application Monitor Application Dependencies, and other relationship information to quickly isolate and identify critical health and performance issues easily.
Add saved Performance Analysis project to any view as a widget. Just click the Edit view icon > Add widgets, search for the project name, and drag the widget to its position.
- For modules that monitor UPS power supplies, UPS monitoring for APC (American Power Conversion) SmartUPS Uninterruptible Power Supplies containing Network Management cards.
- Up to five custom properties can be configured to display in node popovers
- Updated SolarWinds Orion Installer with improved scalability engine installation experience
Added support for over 70 vendors and 5000 devices.
- Added support for Apresia (CPU, memory, icon, MIBs for traps and Huawei devices (CPU and memory)
- SNMPv3 support for Huawei and other RFC3414 devices
- Support Orion cloud deployment in Amazon EC2 and Azure VM
- Support for utilizing Amazon RDS for Orion Database
- Orion Platform modules no longer require MSDTC
- Modules no longer require TLS 1.0 or 1.1 be enabled on the Orion Server
- Microsoft Device Guard Support (all binaries properly signed)