Find Missing/Rogue Devices & Get Critical Insight into Switch Port Utilisation - Rapidly!
Automated Device Tracking & Switch Port Management
- Auto discover, map & monitor switches & devices on your network
- Trace users & devices by searching on IP address, user name, Hostname or MAC address
- Retrieves user name, switch port details & connection history of network devices
- Automatic alerts & click-of-a-button port shutdown & allows whitelisting & watch lists
- Capacity analysis, switch port usage data, & built-in reporting
What do you do when you need to find a device on your network & all you have is an IP address? Do you:
- Crawl around chasing cables until you find where it's plugged in?, or
- Search through your switch infrastructure's MAC address tables in the hope that you'll stumble across the corresponding address?
It's all a bit hit & miss & way too time-consuming.
How do you trace a rogue device on your network & identify when & where it's connected?
SolarWinds User Device Tracker (UDT) makes it easy to quickly find a computer & retrieve the switch name, port, port description, VLAN & more. Simply search on an IP address, Hostname, or MAC address & SolarWinds User Device Tracker will rapidly find the current location of the device. If the device is not currently connected to the network, historical data will show the last known location. You can even set up an alert to notify you when the device connects.
SolarWinds User Device Tracker delivers device-tracking capabilities in line with expensive switch port-tracking appliance but without the expensive tag.
User Device Tracker can be installed as part of your SolarWinds Orion system or as a standalone product. Licensing is based on the number of ports monitored.
Installing User Device Tracker is straightforward but you might want to consider using Kenson who provide a comprehensive installation service to allow you to get more from the application from day one.