Storage Resource Monitor
Multi-vendor storage performance and capacity monitoring
- Multi-vendor storage monitoring
- Storage performance monitoring
- Automated storage capacity planning
- Storage I/O hotspot detection
- Prebuilt alerts and automatic baselines
- Storage environment reporting
What’s new in Storage Resource Monitor v6.6
Support for new arrays
- SRM now supports the addition array types:
- EMC Unity (requires firmware 4.2 or newer)
- IBM V9000 (requires firmware 7.8 or newer)
- Infinidat InfiniBox (requires firmware 4.0 or newer)
- HPE Nimble Storage (requires firmware 4.3 or newer)
Additional hardware health monitoring
Hardware health monitoring is available for the new arrays shown above, and improvements have been made to existing array monitoring. With SRM 6.6, the arrays that now support hardware health monitoring are:
- EMC VNX NAS Gateway / Celerra - Batteries, Fans, Management Controllers, Ports
- MC VNX / CLARiiON - Batteries, Disks, Fans, Management Controllers, Ports, Power Supplies
- Dell EqualLogic PS Series - Fans (value), Temperature (value), Power Supplies
- EMC Symmetrix VMAX / VMAXe / DMX-4 - Batteries, Fans, Management Controllers, I/O Modules, Memory, Ports, Power Supplies
- IBM SVC / V9000 / V7000 / V5000 / V3700 - Ports
- EMC VMAX3 and VMAX All Flash Family (HYPERMAX OS) - Batteries, Fans, Management Controllers, I/O Modules Memory, Ports, Power Supplies
- IBM XIV - Ports
- EMC Unity - Batteries, Disks, Ethernet ports, Fans, Fiber Channel ports, Link Control Cards, Memory, Power consumption (value), Power Supplies, SAS ports, SSDs, Temperature (value)
- Infinidat InfiniBox - Disks, Ethernet ports, Fiber Channel ports, HBA (Adapter), Infiniband ports, PDU (Power Supply), Power Supply, Switches, UPS (Batteries)
- Nimble Storage - Controllers, Disks, Ethernet ports, Fans, Fiber Channel ports, Power Supplies, SAS ports
What’s new in Storage Resource Monitor v6.5
Support for new arrays
SRM now supports the addition array types:
- EMC VMAX Flash Family
- IBM FlashSystem A9000/A9000R
- IBM DS 8xxx
- NetApp EF
- NetApp AFF
Additional hardware health monitoring
Hardware health monitoring has been added for the following array types:
- EMC VMAX
- EMC VNX CLARiiON
- EMC VNX Celerra/VNX Gateway
- IBM SVC/V7000/V3700
Includes all 6.4 hotfixes.
SRM now uses Orion Platform 2017.3
This provides the following new features and improvements that can be used with SRM:
Use the SolarWinds®: Orion Installer to install and upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously in your environment. When installing new products into an existing Orion environment, the Orion Installer verifies compatibility between the product versions and notifies you if additional steps are needed. The Orion Installer also supports upgrades from older versions of the software with a generated upgrade path, merging the capabilities of the Product Upgrade Advisor into the installer.
To eliminate compatibility issues, all required Orion Platform products are upgraded when you complete the Orion Installer. The installer installs or upgrades all products from a single screen. You do not need to download files for each product. Provides an easy-to-follow install path when required. If you upgrade from an older product version, the installer provides upgrade paths custom-made for your current environment so you can complete complex upgrades and installations with ease. Runs preflight checks to ensure your environment specifications match the system requirements for selected product installs. If changes are needed, the installer provides guidance for required versions.
Automatically starts the Configuration Wizard as needed after product installs to complete database and configuration tasks.
Dashboards and widgets
The new Customize Page significantly simplifies and streamlines how you build your dashboards or views. Drag and drop resources, now known as widgets, exactly where you want them on your page, including on to blank areas to create new columns.
Start searching for widgets in two clicks from any customizable page.
Mark favorite widgets so you can quickly add them to new dashboards or pages.
Drag and drop widgets directly on to the pages or move widgets to new locations.
Windows Authentication for SQL
Secure the connection between your Orion server and your SQL server
Increase your security compliance by using Windows authentication for both day-to-day data storage and retrieval between your Orion server and your SQL server and during the initial setup of your database server in the Configuration Wizard.
Multi-subnet High Availability
Distribute HA pool members to different subnets in this new update to SolarWinds®: High Availability for near instantaneous, automated failover to a secondary server on a different subnet. Create an HA pool , update your secondary server, and activate HA in your current Orion environment just as easily as before.
Get both broad and in-depth visibility into your environment by correlating disparate data points across your infrastructure, including on-premise, cloud, and hybrid environments, in easy-to-read charts.
This version of PerfStack™ includes Real-Time Polling at approximately one second intervals for selected metrics. Increases the number of supported metrics and products. Lets you view the data behind supported charts with the Data Explorer. Enables Drag and drop entities to the chart area. Can open an analysis project directly from an entity with common metrics already added. Lets you access the details page for an entity from the Performance Analysis dashboard.
The new Manage Entities page presents information about your nodes in a more intuitive fashion, including filtering options and contextual management options.
Search your entities using the display name or IP address.
Sort entities by display name, status, or IP address.
Quickly view which nodes are muted and resume alerts with one click.
Add more information by editing the rows