Server & Application Monitor
Find and resolve application problems before they become incidents
- Get started typically in minutes
- Monitor across cloud environments
- Application-centric monitoring
- Identify the root cause of application problems
- Built-in virtualization monitoring
- Storage performance and health
What’s new in Server & Application Monitor v6.5
Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring for Azure environments
The SolarWinds® Orion Platform's Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring feature now provides visibility into Microsoft Azure VMs so you can monitor and administer hybrid and cloud environments that include both Azure VMs and Amazon Web Services (AWS) instances, along with attached volumes.
The Orion Platform polls cloud services for metrics used to track availability, performance, applications, and more for instances/VMs and attached volumes. Examples of data gathered via polling include status, storage capacity, memory usage, and IP addresses. After collecting cloud resource status and metrics, the Orion Platform compiles data so you can:
- Display a consolidated view of on-premises, hybrid, and cloud systems in the Orion Web Console.
- Monitor and manage an entire infrastructure with Orion Platform tools.
- Track the overall health of a system, as well as individual resources, for auditing purposes.
New SAM templates for Microsoft products
Some existing SAM templates were updated to support the latest product versions, such as the Active Directory 2016 Domain Controller Security template that was updated for Windows Server 2016. This will not impact templates that are already assigned but SolarWinds® recommends updating to the latest template versions.
Database Performance Analyzer (DPA) data
Add database wait time and metric data from SolarWinds® DPA to any Orion PerfStack chart, allowing you to mix and match data from applications, network, and infrastructure with wait time performance metrics.
Use the SolarWinds® Orion Installer to install and upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously in your environment. When installing new products into an existing Orion environment, the Orion Installer verifies compatibility between the product versions and notifies you if additional steps are needed. The Orion Installer also supports upgrades from older versions of the software with a generated upgrade path, merging the capabilities of the Product Upgrade Advisor into the installer.
Search from your global navigation bar
Search for your nodes, interfaces, or volumes by their display name or IP address directly from the global navigation bar at the top of every page. The last five searches you perform are saved so you can quickly run frequent search queries. Further refine your results through filters on the search results page.
Dashboards and widgets
The new Customize Page significantly simplifies and streamlines how you build your dashboards or views. Drag and drop resources, now known as widgets, exactly where you want them on your page, including on to blank areas to create new columns.
- Start searching for widgets in two clicks from any customizable page.
- Mark favorite widgets so you can quickly add them to new dashboards or pages.
- Drag and drop widgets directly on to the pages or move widgets to new locations.
Secure the connection between your Orion server and your SQL server
Increase your security compliance by using Windows authentication for both day-to-day data storage and retrieval between your Orion server and your SQL server and during the initial setup of your database server in the Configuration Wizard.
Do not use a Windows account with a password policy applied.
You can also enable SSL directly in the Configuration Wizard to encrypt the information exchanged between your Orion server or additional polling engines and your SQL server, independent of SSL settings on your SQL server.
SSL must be configured on your SQL server to utilize this feature.
Multi-subnet High Availability
Distribute HA pool members to different subnets in this new update to SolarWinds® High Availability for near instantaneous, automated failover to a secondary server on a different subnet. Create an HA pool , update your secondary server, and activate HA in your current Orion environment just as easily as before.
Performance Analysis (PerfStack™)
Get both broad and in-depth visibility into your environment by correlating disparate data points across your infrastructure, including on-premise, cloud, and hybrid environments, in easy-to-read charts.
This version of PerfStack™:
- Includes Real-Time Polling at approximately one second intervals for selected metrics.
- Increases the number of supported metrics and products
- Lets you view the data behind supported charts with the Data Explorer.
- Enables Drag and drop entities to the chart area.
- Can open an analysis project directly from an entity with common metrics already added.
- Lets you access the details page for an entity from the Performance Analysis dashboard.