Network Topology Mapper
Automatically plot your network in minutes with network mapping software
- Automate device discovery and mapping
- Build multiple maps from a single scan
- Export network diagrams to Visio
- Auto-detect changes to network topology
- Perform multi-level network discovery
- Address regulatory PCI compliance
What’s new in Network Topology Mapper v2.2.2
NTM 2.2.2 does not contain any new features.
NTM version 2.2.1
- Endpoints Summary:
As a way of keeping maps from being overcrowded by clusters, an Endpoints Summary window is for a network device that switches or routes traffic to servers, VMWare or Hyper-V hosts, printers, or other devices that are part of your edge network.
- CDP-generated Nodes:
Undefined nodes that are created from CDP data appear in maps with their system name and any available description.
NTM version 2.2
- Multiple Maps from One Scan:
From a Discovery Wizard scan, you can create multiple maps, which update automatically with scheduled updates to the scan.
- Credential Management:
Discovery Wizard stores credentials, allowing you to activate or deactivate based on the network segment(s) you are mapping.
Discovery of aggregates (PAgP and LACP protocols, or manually configured).
- Do No Scan List:
Define subnets or IP ranges that the Discovery Wizard will not contact
- New Icons:
A set of node icons, parallel link icons with indications of aggregation, and support for importing icons.
- Usability Improvements:
For example: clicking a Neighbors icon on a node reveals all directly connected nodes or the subnet/IP arrange to which the selected node is connected; and any overlapping but distinct links are indicated with arches.
NTM version 2.2.2
- Fixed incompatibility with .Net Framework 4.6 and Windows 10.
- Fixed issue with opening huge Known Connections reports.
- Fixed issue with incorrect detection of LACP aggregated links.
- Orthogonal links were not correctly merged and displayed after network rescanning.
- NTM was failing on ranges where the first and last IP addresses were the same.
NTM version 2.2.1
- Fixed issue with valid VIM credentials failing credential test.
- Fixed issue with not detecting the first IP address in a subnet.
NTM version 2.2
- Fixed the behavior of rescan detecting existing nodes as new nodes
- Whitespace in Switching from Layered or Orthogonal View.
- White space appears where excluded nodes would be.
- Fixes restrictions with map layouts (through movable text, parallel connections, link aggregation indicators, and selectable topology configurations).
- Fixes limitations with node icons (both by expanding options and flexibility of the NTM set out of the box, and through custom import function).
- Fixes limitation in iconically representing nodes by model and vendor.
- Resolves inability to export to Visio and edit NTM maps (with Visio stencils).
- Resolves inability to customize NTM node icons.
- Fixes an issue with a print operation crashing NTM.
- Fixes an issue with NTM not mapping switch ports accurately.
- Fixes a limitation in using different credentials for discovering different parts of network.
- Fixes limitation in providing data on aggregated links (etherchannels).
- Fixes an issue with reporting bandwidth for Allied Telesys switches.
- Fixes am issue with the NTM jumbling node names.
- Fixes issue with symbols in the SNMP community string blocking network discovery.
- Fixes an issue that causes NTM to crash after rescanning a network.