NEW! Network Performance Monitor v12
Revolutionary network monitoring software with end-to-end visibility to pinpoint performance issues
- Multi-vendor fault, performance, and availability with NPM 12
- Reduce network outages and quickly detect, diagnose, and resolve network performance issues with affordable, easy-to-use network monitoring software.
- Advanced network troubleshooting for on-premises, hybrid, and cloud services with critical path hop-by-hop analysis
- View network performance, traffic, and configuration details all along the service delivery path with critical path visualization, regardless of device location.
Network Monitoring for Every Node, Every Path, and Every Network
Performance Analysis (PerfStack™)
Use the Performance Analysis (PerfStack™) dashboard to get both broad and in-depth visibility into your entire environment by correlating disparate historical data points across your infrastructure, including on-premise, cloud, and hybrid environments in easy to read charts. Click My Dashboards > Home > Performance Analysis to get started correlating and analyzing data collected by your SolarWinds® Orion solution to troubleshoot issues, identify root causes of intermittent issues, and make data-driven decisions on infrastructure changes.
Mute Alerts by Node
When performing maintenance, suspend triggering alerts for nodes, interfaces and volumes on the nodes to prevent false positive alerts. All monitoring data is available in the Orion Web Console, so that you can report on the muted objects later, and keep track of the real down time necessary for the maintenance. Schedule maintenance to automatically turn off alerts for nodes, interfaces and volumes during a specified maintenance period.
Meraki Wireless Support
Monitor cloud-based Meraki wireless infrastructure and get an overview of Meraki access points and clients directly in the Orion Web Console. Open Details views for your Meraki wireless controllers in the cloud, and drill in to the information about access points and connected clients in resources for your wireless infrastructure.
Native SSL support for the Orion Web Console
Seamlessly bind SSL certificates to the Orion Web Console and enable HTTPS connections using the Configuration Wizard. The Configuration Wizard scans the Orion server for valid SSL certificates that you can choose for the binding, or you can generate a self-signed certificate on the fly.
- Arista 7500E support - Added support for monitoring hardware health for the Arista 7500E chassis.
- NetPath™ improvements - Probing accuracy improvements and minor UI enhancements, such as egress interfaces accurately rendered in NetPath, showing a separate interface node for each interface, or improved hop aggregation in the Route Inspector.
- Use the Critical node status to trigger an alert or filter data in a report.
- Set a custom node status to Critical or Warning using an alert action.
- Use the Web-based SSH client when FIPS is enabled.
Hop-by-hop analysis along critical paths
View performance, traffic, and configuration details of devices and applications that are on-premises, in the cloud, or across hybrid environments with NetPath.
Comprehensive monitoring of F5® BIG-IP® family of products
Visualize and gain insight into the health and performance of your F5 service delivery environment.
New and improved user interface
Designed to improve ease of use and simplify navigation, NPM 12 includes a modernized and refreshed user interface.
Automated ServiceNow incident creation, update, and closure out of the box.
Is it the application or the network? Now, you’ll know.
Now with Built-In Deep Packet Inspection & Analysis
Quickly and accurately identify network and application reliability and performance issues with deep packet inspection and analysis now in SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor v11.
Is it network latency, or app performance? - Quickly find underlying issues using the new Quality of Experience Dashboard.
- Visualize response time, data volume, and transaction count
- Monitor over 1200 popular applications like Skype®, SQL®, Facebook®, and more
Quickly troubleshoot performance issues - Get immediate insight into application details with the new Application Dashboard, with new top 10 charts for:
- Application Response Time (time-to-first-byte)
- Network Response Time (TCP three way handshake)
- Data volume
Differentiate traffic at a glance - See categorized traffic in interactive charts and tables, automatically segmented by:
- Type: Messaging, database, social, etc.
- Classification: Business vs. non-business
- Risk: None, minimal, possible malware, etc.
Monitor packet traffic at the switch or server - Easily deploy built-in packet analysis sensors using a step-by-step wizard, and begin monitoring, using:
- A SPAN/mirror port (Network Packet Analysis Sensors – NPAS)
- Windows® servers (Server Packet Analysis Sensors – SPAS)
SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor adds Web based reporting, OpenStreetMaps, and the ability to add Universal Device Pollers (UnDPs) to maps.
- Web based reporting
- Create and edit reports from within the Orion® Web console
- Include both custom charts and custom tables
- OpenStreetMaps integration
- Show objects on custom locations and map styles with OpenStreetMap integration
- Universal Device Poller (UnDP) on maps
- View custom poller values on network maps
- Improved interface for defining UnDP thresholds
- Cancel scheduled unmanage actions directly from the node management resource
SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor (NPM) v10.5 comes with new network routing information and multicast traffic monitoring along with other enhancements and bug fixes.
- Real-time routing configuration monitoring and alerting for most major routing protocols (RIP v2, OSPF v2 and BGP) including flapping routes, neighbor real-time status and history of default route change.
- Network multicast monitoring and alerting. SolarWinds® NPM provides information about multicast group status, real-time traffic of groups, nodes and their interfaces. SolarWinds® NPM also maps multicast topology of upstream and downstream routers for quick and effective troubleshooting.
- Advanced interface filtering when importing new nodes and interfaces. Filter by hardware type, name, VLAN, and other important metrics.
- Interface auditing.
SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor (NPM) v10.4 provides German-language localization along with the following new features, enhancements, and bug fixes:
- Hardware health monitoring delivers at-a-glance insight into the health of your network hardware
- Drag-and-discover performance charts include real-time, interactive charts and graphs of key device performance statistics
- Display multiple UnDPs in a single chart
- Support for HP MSM760 wireless access controller
- Support for F5 BIG-IP hardware
SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor (NPM) v10.3 provides Japanese language localization along with other enhancements and bug fixes.
- Alert on custom UnDP table pollers
- New device support for Alaxala and Apresia
- Improved topology (now uses CDP/LLDP)
- Export to PDF enhancements
- Several bug fixes
SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor (NPM) v10.2 adds additional network support for Juniper Networks® and HP® ProCurve as well as WMI polling.
- Expanded Juniper Support
- Support for HP ProCurve
- IPv6 Support
- WMI polling – use native Windows® management protocols to collect CPU, memory, and disk statistics