Network Performance Monitor
Reduce network outages and improve performance with advanced network monitoring software
- Multi-vendor network monitoring
- Network Insights for deeper visibility
- Intelligent maps
- NetPath and PerfStack for easy troubleshooting
- Smarter scalability for large environments
- Advanced alerting
NPM 12.3 New features and improvements
Network Insight for Nexus devices
Get insight into the health of your Nexus devices:
- Monitor data center switch health and readiness.
- Get virtual Port Channel (vPC) visibility.
- Easily search by interface description with filtered list views.
Remove stale interfaces
Configure NPM to automatically delete interfaces with no new data polled in a specified period.
New features and improvements in Orion Platform 2018.2
Support for 100 Additional Polling Engines in a single instance (400% increase over previous releases)
Support monitoring up to 400,000 elements in a single instance (4 x more than in previous releases)
Orion Maps is an is an advanced troubleshooting tool that provides a contextual and graphical portrayal of an entity and its critical relationships, including routers, switches, servers, interfaces, volumes, and groups. It visualizes physical and logical relationships between entities, leveraging Network Performance Monitor’s Topology, Server & Application Monitor Application Dependencies, and other relationship information to quickly isolate and identify critical health and performance issues easily.
Average metrics from Linux computers
When polling CPU & Memory with the Orion agent, selected metrics are available for alerts, alert variables, charts, reports, PerfStack(TM), and SWIS.
Improved group member statistics
Use the new metric showing group availability by averaging the availability of the internal group members instead of using the status of the entire group. You can use this metric in a new widget, in alerts, reports, and in PerfStack dashboards.
Add saved Performance Analysis project to any view as a widget. Just click the Edit view icon > Add widgets, search for the project name, and drag the widget to its position.
- For modules that monitor UPS power supplies, UPS monitoring for APC (American Power Conversion) SmartUPS Uninterruptible Power Supplies containing Network Management cards.
- Updated popovers:
- Up to five custom properties can be configured to display in node popovers
- Updated SolarWinds Orion Installer with improved scalability engine installation experience
- Added support for over 70 vendors and 5000 devices.
- Added support for Apresia (CPU, memory, icon, MIBs for traps and Huawei devices (CPU and memory)
- SNMPv3 support for Huawei and other RFC3414 devices
- Support Orion cloud deployment in Amazon EC2 and Azure VM
- Support for utilizing Amazon RDS for Orion Database
- Orion Platform modules no longer require MSDTC
- Modules no longer require TLS 1.0 or 1.1 be enabled on the Orion Server
- Microsoft Device Guard Support (all binaries properly signed) Manage Nodes