Network Performance Monitor
Reduce network outages and improve performance with advanced network monitoring software
- Powerful and intuitive network monitor, so you can start solving problems right away.
- Out-of-the box network monitoring scales to handle all the growth your organization can throw at you, today and tomorrow.
- Tailor NPM to your needs with multi-vendor support, customizable dashboards, views, and charts.
- Built by IT pros, with IT pros, for IP pros
NPM 12.2 New features and improvements
NPM 12.2 is an Orion Platform product, and consumes Orion Platform 2017.3
Network Insight for Cisco ASA firewalls
Monitor your Cisco ASA firewalls with NPM - monitor VPN tunnels, and get the basic visibility for troubleshooting tunnels with issues. Use NPM to understand the health of the platform, including power supplies or High Availability status.
- Site-to-site VPN tunnel monitoring including tunnel status, bandwidth usage, and phase completion.
- Remote access VPN including user session history.
- High Availability including failover readiness and failover detection.
You can integrate Network Insight for ASAs with NCM to see what access lists are applied to individual interfaces and review the access lists.
Use the SolarWinds® Orion Installer to install and upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously in your environment. When installing new products into an existing Orion environment, the Orion Installer verifies compatibility between the product versions and notifies you if additional steps are needed. The Orion Installer also supports upgrades from older versions of the software with a generated upgrade path, merging the capabilities of the Product Upgrade Advisor into the installer.
- Installs or upgrades all products from a single screen. You do not need to download files for each product.
- Provides an easy-to-follow install path when required. If you upgrade from an older product version, the installer provides upgrade paths custom-made for your current environment so you can complete complex upgrades and installations with ease.
- Runs preflight checks to ensure your environment specifications match the system requirements for selected product installs. If changes are needed, the installer provides guidance for required versions.
- Automatically starts the Configuration Wizard as needed after product installs to complete database and configuration tasks.
Search from your global navigation
Search for your nodes, interfaces, or volumes by their display name or IP address directly from the global navigation bar at the top of every page. The last five searches you perform are saved so you can quickly run frequent search queries. Further refine your results through filters on the search results page.
Dashboards and widgets
The new Customize Page significantly simplifies and streamlines how you build your dashboards or views. Drag and drop resources, now known as widgets, exactly where you want them on your page, including on to blank areas to create new columns.
- Start searching for widgets in two clicks from any customizable page.
- Mark favorite widgets so you can quickly add them to new dashboards or pages.
- Drag and drop widgets directly on to the pages or move widgets to new locations.
Secure the connection between your Orion server and your SQL server
Increase your security compliance by using Windows authentication for both day-to-day data storage and retrieval between your Orion server and your SQL server and during the initial setup of your database server in the Configuration Wizard.
You can also enable SSL directly in the Configuration Wizard to encrypt the information exchanged between your Orion server or additional polling engines and your SQL server, independent of SSL settings on your SQL server.
Multi-subnet High Availability
Distribute HA pool members to different subnets in this new update to SolarWinds® High Availability for near instantaneous, automated failover to a secondary server on a different subnet. Create an HA pool , update your secondary server, and activate HA in your current Orion environment just as easily as before.
Get both broad and in-depth visibility into your environment by correlating disparate data points across your infrastructure, including on-premise, cloud, and hybrid environments, in easy-to-read charts.
This version of PerfStack™:
- Includes Real-Time Polling at approximately one second intervals for selected metrics.
- Increases the number of supported metrics and products
- Lets you view the data behind supported charts with the Data Explorer.
- Enables Drag and drop entities to the chart area.
- Can open an analysis project directly from an entity with common metrics already added.
- Lets you access the details page for an entity from the Performance Analysis dashboard.
The new Manage Entities page presents information about your nodes in a more intuitive fashion, including filtering options and contextual management options.
- Search your entities using the display name or IP address.
- Sort entities by display name, status, or IP address.
- Quickly view which nodes are muted and resume alerts with one click.
- Add more information by editing the rows