Network Configuration Manager
Automated network configuration and compliance management
- Network automation
- Network compliance
- Configuration backup
- Vulnerability assessment
- Network Insight for Cisco ASA
- Integration with Network Performance Monitor
What’s New in Network Configuration Manager v7.7
Cisco ASA multi-context support
Quickly add Cisco ASA devices to NCM and automatically discover all security contexts, then easily backup and restore configuration files for each context.
Cisco ASA Access Control List support
Automatically discover Access Control Lists (ACLs), which zones they are assigned to, and what interfaces are assigned to those zones. Identify ACLs that are configured but not applied. Use the ACL Rule Browser to visualize ACLs configured on the ASA, browse to object group definitions, search and filter within ACLs, show hit count for individual rules, and automatically detect shadow and redundant rules.
Cisco ASA firmware upgrade support
Use NCM’s firmware upgrade capabilities to easily upgrade the firmware for your Cisco ASAs
NCM data in Performance Analysis (PerfStack™) dashboards
NCM data about configuration changes can now be included in PerfStack dashboards. Use PerfStack to determine when configuration changes occurred on a device. Then correlate this with other data to see what effect (either positive or negative) the configuration change had on the performance, availability, or response time of that device. PerfStack also shows who made the change, from what IP address, and what changed (a comparison with the previous configuration).
This version of PerfStack also includes:
- Real-time polling at approximately one second intervals for specific metrics.
- Metrics for Syslog, SNMP traps, UnDP, Network Insight for F5 and ASA, IPSLA Operations (VNQM), Configuration changes (NCM), and script monitors (SAM).
- View the data behind supported charts with the Data Explorer.
- Drag and drop entities to the chart area.
- Open an analysis project directly from an entity with common metrics already added.
- Go to the details page for an entity from the Performance Analysis dashboard.
Device template management and CLI settings moved to the Orion Platform
Device template management and CLI (command line interface) settings are now available from the Orion Platform.
Use the SolarWinds® Orion Installer to install and upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously in your environment. When installing new products into an existing Orion environment, the Orion Installer verifies compatibility between the product versions and notifies you if additional steps are needed. The Orion Installer also supports upgrades from older versions of the software with a generated upgrade path, merging the capabilities of the Product Upgrade Advisor into the installer.
Dashboards and widgets
The new Customize Page significantly simplifies and streamlines how you build your dashboards or views. Drag and drop resources, now known as widgets, exactly where you want them on your page, including on to blank areas to create new columns.
- Start searching for widgets in two clicks from any customizable page.
- Mark favorite widgets so you can quickly add them to new dashboards or pages.
- Drag and drop widgets directly on to the pages or move widgets to new locations.
Search from your global navigation
Search for your nodes, interfaces, or volumes by their display name or IP address directly from the global navigation bar at the top of every page. The last five searches you perform are saved so you can quickly run frequent search queries. Further refine your results through filters on the search results page.
Windows Authentication for SQL
Secure the connection between your Orion server and your SQL server
Increase your security compliance by using Windows authentication for both day-to-day data storage and retrieval between your Orion server and your SQL server and during the initial setup of your database server in the Configuration Wizard.
Do not use a Windows account with a password policy applied.
You can also enable SSL directly in the Configuration Wizard to encrypt the information exchanged between your Orion server or additional polling engines and your SQL server, independent of SSL settings on your SQL server.
SSL must be configured on your SQL server to utilize this feature.
Multi-subnet High Availability
Distribute HA pool members to different subnets in this new update to SolarWinds® High Availability for near instantaneous, automated failover to a secondary server on a different subnet. Create an HA pool , update your secondary server, and activate HA in your current Orion environment just as easily as before.
The new Manage Entities page presents information about your nodes in a more intuitive fashion, including filtering options and contextual management options.
- Search your entities using the display name or IP address.
- Sort entities by display name, status, or IP address.
- Quickly view which nodes are muted and resume alerts with one click.
- Add more information by editing the rows