NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
Network traffic analyzer and bandwidth monitoring software
- Bandwidth monitoring
- Application traffic alerting
- Network traffic analysis
- Performance Analysis Dashboard
- CBQoS policy optimization
- Malicious or malformed traffic flow identification
What’s new in Network Traffic Analyzer v4.5
As of NTA 4.5, you can create alerts on recently processed flows to quickly identify and solve quality issues. The new Create a Flow Alert panel creates a standard Orion alert based on Custom SWQL query. The Create a Flow Alert panel provides the following alerts:
- The alert Application Threshold notifies you that a NetFlow-reporting node reports traffic for an application or NBAR2 application over or under a certain threshold.
- The alert Application present in Top Applications / Application not present in Top Applications notifies you that an application or NBAR2 application is or is not present in Top Applications or NBAR2 Applications lists.
- The alert Flow no longer being received notifies you that a device (node or interface) is not sending data over a defined time period.
NTA 4.5 is an Orion Platform product, and it runs on Orion Platform 2018.4. For new features and improvements on Orion Platform 2018.4
NetFlow Traffic Analyzer 4.4 New features and improvements
NTA 4.4 is an Orion Platform product, and it runs on Orion Platform 2018.2. For new features and improvements on Orion Platform 2018.2.
NetFlow Traffic Analyzer uses a new database for storing flow data
Starting with version 4.4, NTA uses a Microsoft SQL server to host your NTA Flow Storage database for storing flow data. NTA 4.0 through 4.2.3 utilized a flat file database called FastBit for flow storage, which was included in the installer. The major difference is in installing the NTA Flow Storage database, which can be installed on one SQL server together with the Orion database.
Support for TLS 1.2
Transport Layer Security (TLS) is a cryptographic protocol that provides communications security for computer networks. The primary target of the TLS protocol is to provide privacy and data integrity between two or more communicating applications. Starting with Orion Platform 2017.1, some SolarWinds Orion Platform products support running solely on TLS 1.2, with versions TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.0 disabled. As of version 4.4, NTA supports only TLS 1.2 enabled.
Port 0 monitoring
Starting with version 4.4, it is possible to monitor TCP or UDP port 0. Use SolarWinds NTA 4.4 to monitor and report on malicious traffic running on port 0. After you install or upgrade NTA to version 4.4, you will see a new application called Port 0 in the NetFlow Settings, under Manage Applications and Service Ports. This application covers all traffic between TCP/UDP port 0 and any other TCP/UDP port.